VNUS Closure® or Venefit Procedure®
What is involved in the treatment?
This form of treatment is a non-surgical procedure performed in Dr Weaver’s office.
This method treats the varicose veins by heating them, causing the vein to contract and then close. It is a treatment that is used for more serious varicose vein conditions.
It involves threading a very thin catheter up the varicose vein to the groin, which heats up due to radio waves and cauterizes the vein from the inside. Over time the treated vein shrinks and is reabsorbed by the body.
The Venefit Procedure® allows for a quick, comfortable recovery and a return to everyday activities, while also improving the appearance of varicose veins.
The treatment is performed under local anaesthetic and is virtually painless.
What are the benefits?
- Varicose veins are completely removed!
- Patients return to normal duties the next day.
Symptoms are relieved and the appearance improves significantly.
Book your free consultation with Dr Weaver now!
Why choose VNUS Closure® (Venefit) over Endovenous Laser?
Less Pain, Less Bruising, Faster Recovery
The 2009 RECOVERY Study compared the experience of patients treated with the VNUS Closure ClosureFast catheter and those treated with a 980 nm laser.
- The study demonstrated: Less pain, bruising and complications with the catheter used in VNUS Closure®
- Up to four times faster improvement in patients’ quality of life with VNUS Closure® catheter versus laser based on a quality of life questionnaire
- Other studies have shown that patients receiving the Venefit Procedure® return to normal activity and work significantly faster than those undergoing vein stripping
Click here to view VNUS Closure® Brochure for more information!